Monday 4 June 2012

A Few Questions & Answers

How would you define your style?
This used to be one of the most difficult questions for me to answer, but I tend to keep giving the same response: It is nearly impossible to concretely describe my style. It changes and grows just as much as I do as a person. But hey, that’s what makes it personal right? But if I had to use a couple of words to describe it more clearly I’d say it’s trendy, fashion-forward and eclectic.

What inspired you to start a style blog? What motivates you to keep blogging?
I recently just realized that I’ve been blogging a lot longer than I had originally thought. I started used Twitter about 3 years ago and always did it more as a hobby, so it wasn’t anything too serious. However upon leaving school and entering a new chapter of my life, I became very influenced by the arts and fashion I started my first blog. I thought it was kind of counter-productive to start a personal style blog since there were so many out there already, however I was urged by readers and friends to start a personal style blog and thus iHaveAfro was born.

Who/what inspires you?
My fellow fashion bloggers are my main source of style inspiration, they have the most real and personal take on the trends. Aside from that being a shopaholic definitely has it’s benefits… You are constantly inspired… I’m not exaggerating.

What advice do you have for new bloggers or people considering starting a blog?
Honestly, we are living in a digital age so it’s really hard to not be influenced or inspired by the internet, but if you’re going to start a blog, really make sure you are clear as to why you are doing it. I know a lot of people who blog because they see the benefits that come from becoming successful, but what I’ve learned is that the key to true success comes with having personal and singular voice and vision. People tend to become drawn to others who emulate that– everything else just comes organically. And in terms of visual aspects of the blog I would make sure the aesthetic reflects who you are and is simple and easy to navigate… Otherwise people will become overwhelmed!

Your first thought in the morning?
I don’t really think in the morning, I don’t have enough energy to do that haha! I just kind of do things… and then eventually wake up and embrace the day as best I can!

What is your favorite thing to do when not blogging?
I’m the kind of person who needs to always be doing something, so luckily living in a city allows for this kind of go go go mentality. I love shopping, going to concerts, hanging with friends and traveling! It all really depends on the weather and if I have money to do certain things.

For you, what is the world’s most fashionable city?
I would really Like to say New York, But I don't know if I'm biassed as I have loved the city since I have been tiny. I really do hope one day I can go there and go on a massive spending spree. I mean I haven't really travelled but I think that's due to my age. I have been to Paris and other major cities and I think it’s fair to say that each city has a group of individuals who emulate their personal style and create a sensibility that is influenced by their culture. It really depends, I don’t think I can fairly answer this question– because what I may consider fashionable, may seem atrocious to someone else!

How would you describe fashion in the city where you live?
You really never know what you’re going to get when you see people on the street… and that can be a good or bad thing! Generally I think I live in quite a fashionable city and it directly influences my own style, but I also think certain groups of people dress a certain way based on the area they live in, which is interesting too. 


2 comments:

  1. I lived you a short time in New York and for me it's definitely the most fashionable city ;-)

    XX,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah:') Aww it just looks beautiful and the Fashion is amazing. Life ambition: To travel there.

    Love Abbie xxx

    ReplyDelete